Friday 19 August 2011

A moment to breathe

Well it's been all go here since I last posted (I can't believe it was March!!!).

I've been non-stop with research for Scrapbook Magazine, new products flying out of the doors at the CHA trade show, floods of deliveries of the latest goodies ready for feature in the mag, plus I've managed to shoe horn in a trip to The Makery for a class and visit The Festival of Quilts! Time to get my feet up and have a brew, after a mammoth catch-up post!

I had a great time at The Makery in Bath at the beginning of the month. Me and Simply Homemade editor Diane Grimshaw headed down to Bath for a Learn to Sew workshop and we had a whale of a time. I've tried my hand at machine sewing before and it's always been a complete disaster, so to come out of there with a 100% professional-looking bag was astounding! Thanks to the girls at The Makery for taking on two beginners and showing us the ropes!

Me and Diane also headed down to Birmingham last weekend for The Festival of Quilts. We had a great day browsing all the amazing designs on show and checking out all the beautiful fabrics, sewing, quilting and craft essentials on show (I think we got a bit carried away following our workshop at The Makery as the card came out a few times as well!). It was nice to finally get to meet Vivienne from Rainbow Disks and Katie from Japan Crafts after dealing with them for so many years! Great to see the new releases and plans for upcoming products!

Issue 57 just went on sale last week and issue 58 is already well on its' way, plus I'm sat here planning our winter and Christmas issues to make sure you get a great mix of techniques, styles and themes to keep you inspired in those dark winter nights and over the festive season. Yes, I know it's only August, but here in magazine land we've been working on our Christmas issues of the card making magazines since May!

Lots of lovely goodies on the cards with loads of inspiration coming your way in issue 58, so keep your eyes peeled for this one from the 22nd September.

Happy scrapping!

Linds x

No comments:

Post a Comment